I wrote elsewhere about mesotherapy (also known as lipodissolve) in April, 2008. It’s a technique designed to “dissolve” localized fat deposits under the skin.
- it has not evaluated or approved products for use in lipodissolve
- it is not aware of evidence supporting the effectiveness of the substances used in lipodissolve for fat elimination
- the safety of these substances, when used alone or in combination, is unknown
- it is not aware of clinical studies to support medical uses of lipodissolve
In addition, FDA has reports of unexpected side effects in people who’ve undergone the lipodissolve procedure. These side effects include
- permanent scarring
- skin deformation
- deep, painful knots under the skin in areas where the lipodissolve treatments were injected
This is good to know before you invest time and money in the procedure.