I’ve finalized—at least for now—the latest supplements for dieters on the Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet, and tinkered with the original plan: Version 2.0 is published.
- 1 or 2 plain Centrum multivitamin/multimineral supplements (two if over 250 lb or 114 kg)
- Magnesium oxide 250 mg
- Calcium carbonate 500 mg elemental calcium (500 mg twice daily if over 250 lb or 114 kg)
- Extra vitamin D to reach total of 1,000–1,200 IU (each Centrum has 400 IU)
- Potassium gluconate 2,750 mg (450 mg elemental potassium) or Morton Salt Substitute (potassium chloride) ¼ tsp (1.2 g)
- If prone to constipation: sugar-free Metamucil powder 1–2 rounded tsp (5.8–11.6 g) in water
- At least three quarts or liters of water
The published version 2.0 of KMD has a misprint: “1,000–2,ooo IU of vitamin D.” Should be 1,000–1,200 IU. I’ll fix it soon and label it version 2.1.